23/11/2015

A Weekend In Manchester

I absolutely love Christmas Markets and Manchester did not disappoint! It has over 300 market stalls ranging from delicious food from all over Europe, homemade jewellery and gifts to little log cabins full of mulled wine and beer.  I had endless cups of hot chocolates with marshmallows and cream over the weekend.
We also visited Red’s True BBQ, which was the nicest restaurant I’ve ever been too! The smell of the barbecued meat hit us before we had even walked through the door and it smelt absolutely divine. The meals came on silver metal trays, which did give it a little touch. My starter was the ‘Pit Smoked BBQ Wings’ which were so nice but very messy! The portions were so big that I couldn’t finish my starter. I was so intrigued by ‘The Donut Burger’ I just had to order it. It included two steak patties, melted cheese, smoked peppered bacon, crispy onions, and dirty sauce all between two sweet glazed donuts. Sounds bizarre but OMG, it was amazing. I ordered a side of sweet potato fries which were beautiful. I wish there was a Red’s True BBQ restaurant in Newcastle so I could go more often.
 
On the Saturday morning we visited a small café called Home Sweet Home for breakfast and  I'm not joking when I say, it was the biggest pancake I’ve ever had! (I couldn’t eat it all which was a shame) – It was so beautiful. I had banana and brown sugar topped with bacon. I ordered a '5 Dollar Shake' which was made up of peanut butter, salted caramel and homemade pretzel brittle, with cream and a pretzel on top. Jacob ordered a plain vanilla milkshake which came with cream, a cute little glazed cherry and sprinkles on top. 
On the Sunday, we visited the Trafford Centre for the first time and we were amazed. When we were driving in, we saw the sign for a Sea Life centre so we HAD to go! We love anything like that. Ernie the Turtle is such a beautiful creature. The décor of the Trafford centre was so pretty and reminded me of how the Metro Centre used to be when I was little.


I can’t wait to visit Manchester again, let me know where your favourite places to eat and shop are!

No comments :

Post a Comment