18/03/2014

ELF Mineral Lipstick Reviews: March 2014.

"Now you can hydrate your lips and get a lasting soft colour naturally" - Elf Cosmetics
So you all know I recently took advantage of the very popular 50% off offer on www.eyeslipsface.co.uk as I have always been wanting to try their products. I bought 3 Mineral Lipsticks which retail at £5 each. I do really like the black tube packaging of the lipsticks as they remind me of high end lip products. They are so good!! Honestly, they are so soft and creamy which makes you feel like you're wearing lip balm rather than lipstick. They all have very good pigmentation and they just glide straight onto your lips. They have an excellent range of colours available for all skin tones. I don't need to worry when I have these lipsticks in my bag as they are on the inexpensive side so can be easily replaced as they are very affordable. I especially like the fact they have no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes in them but since they do lack preservatives they will only last around 3 months. A few of the oils they have in them are jojoba oil which soothes, moistures and softens the skin, coconut oil which is a moisturising remedy and helps prevents wrinkles and sagging and olive oil which also locks in moisture and tackles ageing. They do have more ingredients in them which are all really good for your lips. I only have a few problems with them which is that I don't really like the smell of these lipsticks but I do believe its because of the different waxes they are made from and also they don't stay on your lips so will need reapplying throughout the day but that doesn't bother me.


The first colour I bought was Nicely Nude as I have been looking for a nude lipstick for an everyday use.  This isn't your typical nude colour which the name would imply. This lipstick is a light pink colour which is very sheer. It is still very pigmented which I do like and this product is now my everyday lipstick when I can't decide what to wear. It goes with all makeup looks and all outfits.


The second lipstick I bought is Rich Raspberry. This lipstick is a warm berry colour which does really suit my skin tone. I usually would wear it with a more natural eye but I would wear it with a darker eye for a more heavy makeup look.

The last lipstick I bought is Cheerful Cherry which is a warm matte cherry colour.  I was scared to wear this as I am very pale but this lipstick is perfect for all skin tones. I would usually wear this if I'm having a 'stand out' kind of day.

Overall, I absolutely love these lipsticks and I will be purchasing more but I will be waiting till they have another 50% sale as I love saving money where I can.

Have you tried out the Elf Mineral Lipsticks? If so, what are your favourite lipsticks, which ones should I pick up next?

5 comments :

  1. I haven't tried the elf lipsticks yet. Love the rich raspberry shade. My favourite lipsticks are the Kate Moss Rimmel Collection and Barry M. Lovely post hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried elf lipsticks either but the cherry shade looks lovely. My favourite of all my lipsticks is a red by Revlon. I think that's cherry too :)

    Holly ♥
    www.petitepromise.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review :) I have never tried Elf lipsticks

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at these since they released! Lovely review. I've got the elf matte pencils and they are quite good. Taste weird though! Look into them!

    Kal x
    Www.clutteredcloset.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look like lovely colours.
    I've been so unsure of E.L.F because of it being so cheap, but I think I'm being swayed lol.
    Especially since there's no nasties in the products!

    Followed you on BlogLovin :)

    Saffron
    x
    www.thecrocusflowers.com

    ReplyDelete