05/11/2015

October Favourites 2015

So it’s that time of year that we can start buying Christmas decorations without looking like an overly excited weirdo (which I always am for Christmas). Halloween has officially gone and now bonfire night is upon us, I thought I’d let you all know what my favourites were of October.
Firstly, I’ve been obsessed with candles, I’m not usually a candle burner just because I get anxious about remembering to blow them out. But recently New Look released a home ware section with products such as photo frames, fairy lights, pillows etc… and I fell in love with the Cinnamon Spice candle straight away. It has quite a strong smell but I love Cinnamon all year round but especially in autumn and winter. I’ve been burning it for days and it’s actually lasted a lot longer then I would expect. (Check out there other home ware stuff here - have a look in-store because not all of the products are online.)

So I have recently been on holiday to Egypt and whilst going through duty free I picked up a few bits. One of the items was my favourite perfume ever, Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf. It’s been my favourite for a few years now and I just had to grab it.

A favourites post wouldn’t be a favourites post without a lipstick would it? My lipstick of the month has got to be Yash by MAC. It’s a beautiful peachy beige nude that looks really good with any skin colour. I wore it when I was in Egypt when I had a tan and I still love it now that my tan has faded. It’s a matte lipstick which I don’t usually go for because I’ve never found a good matte lipstick which doesn’t feel really dry on the lips but I can honestly say, it isn’t drying and you don’t need to keep re-applying it either. I pair it with Etcetera lip liner also from MAC and I absolutely love them together.

It’s becoming a lot colder in the UK now and it’s the perfect time for making hot chocolates. Cadbury hot chocolate powder, hot milk with a bit of whipped cream is so tasty to have after work snuggled up in bed.  I know it’s not ‘proper’ hot chocolate but I will be trying to make a proper hot chocolate (yes, with real chocolate) later in November so keep an eye out for a blog post (if all goes well ha!)

My last favourite of the month has got to be Kinder Buenos. I think I’ve had at least one (yes, some days I’ve had two, one day I had 6 – I didn’t eat anything else that day to be honest ooops) every day for the last three weeks. I could possibly be addicted. I want a Kinder Bueno selection box for Christmas, do they exist?

What have your favourites been in October? Please leave your links in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out. Also, have any of you guys gone to watch any fireworks? I'm hoping to go to a display close by tomorrow if I'm well enough.

No comments :

Post a Comment